Do you have any tips on how to stay awake during a conference? Here is what I have come up with so far…
1. Arrive late. So late that there won’t be a seat for you during the first speech. This ensures that you will have to stand, awkwardly, at the back for the first forty-five minutes and you won’t be tempted to close your eyes and drift off into lala land.
2. Wear uncomfortable clothing. Yes, you look hot, but those pants are really too tight and make it difficult to breathe after you gorge out on all of the delectable snacks that they have laid out. Who can fall asleep if they cant breathe? Also, if it is close to Rememberance Day, wear several poppies with pride. Every time you move, you will receive a sharp poke that will remind you to keep your eyes open.
3. Drink a lot of coffee and water. Frequent trips to the bathroom provide a nice break from monotonous dialogue. If you are moving, you are not sleeping!
4. Go for a jog outside, like Phoebe – arms flailing in the air, heels kicking out to the side. I haven’t done this yet, but I am sure it would work.
5. Write a blog post.
6. Text your friends and ask them ‘wsup?’ Their drama will entertain you and you might receive a spectacular surprise like I did when Nora sent me this
Somehow, feeling great negates the need for sleep.
If you have anything to add, please let me know. There are still 5 hours to go and most of tomorrow to get through…
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!!